Incidental
Short post, mostly to bankroll-update.
I nearly played a tournament on FTP tonight -- it was a $20 buy-in NLHE tournament, plus a $10 fee that FTP would match and send to the Red Cross. Seemed like a good cause, but I chickened out of it for several reasons:
a) $30 is a significant chunk of both my bankroll and my FTP bankroll
b) playing in this charity tournament: Andy Bloch, Erik Seidel, Eric Lindgren, Allen Cunningham, John Juanda and the professor, Howard Lederer. Yikes.
c) Couldn't go to sleep until like noon due to mysterious abdomen pain. Hmm.
Anyway, I've played a little incidentally -- 30 minutes before work here, an hour while talking to David on the phone there -- and I'm up. Got pretty lucky -- not only with cards, but with people calling me down with absolute trash.
I just got an IM from a good friend a few minutes ago:
"I perhaps may be a person who does not learn from past mistakes, but I would have backed you on your gambling life. I figure my odds would be better with you than sponsoring ::name:: on anything."
Heh. I like that guy (/girl).
Net profit: $9.06 ($4.81 Stars, $4.25 FTP)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home